16 9 / 2014
"Named for William S. Paley, founder of CBS and The Paley Center for Media, PaleyFest is a must-see pop cultural event that brings fans together with the talent behind their favorite shows for panel discussions with audience Q&A. PaleyFest takes place both in LA & NY.”
PaleyFest 2014 is featuring The Walking Dead on October 11th, 2014 in one of their amazing Panel Discussions and it looks like the promotional push for TWD Season 5 continue to feature the same team of six - Rick & Michonne, Daryl & Carol and Glenn & Maggie!
We might be getting some great CARYL and even McReedus moments on the way there…there…on the way back from there…!!!
CARYL On My Lovelies - The Best Is Yet To Come!
***And yes - my shipper googles are most definitely noticing that the Mighty Six all seem to be grouped as duos - Richonne, Gleggie and CARYL!!!
15 9 / 2014
Anonymous said: You guys think that just because the show threw you some crumbs with the ugly promos it's now safe to lie about caryl spoilers and getting secrets from Norm On top of it all you decide to do some big expose of AMC twitter because Bethyl got a real spoiler from them. It's pathetic and ugly just like you and and that cat you are pimping out. What are you going to say when Daryl chooses Beth and Carol is left in the dust. Beth is more important than Carol ever was and your hate doesn't change that
Hi there “friendly”,
Wow! It seems like you have a lot of things to be upset about today and believe it or not I am actually sorry about that - it’s not fun to have so much negativity and worry in your life and just like everyone else I can empathize with you because we’ve all felt crummy about things not going our way at one point or another.
Obviously as the recipient of this “lovely message” it looks like I have had something to do with your current anger level and for what it’s worth I do want to point out that it certainly wasn’t my intention for things to turn out this way for you.
I hope I can clear up some misconceptions that have you worked up so much;
1. TWD did not throw “crumbs” to the CARYL ship through the promos released for the upcoming season and while I am not going to deny that Carylers are extremely happy to see Carol and Daryl together again I don’t think anybody is assuming canon based on those pictures alone. Carol and Daryl were separated for a lot of Season 4 so the fact that they appear to be paired up again is naturally going to amplify our excitement and joy BUT I am personally not assuming “romance” just because of the fact that they look amazingly fierce next to each other.
2. Your accusation of Carylers “lying” about CARYL spoilers supposedly received by Norman Reedus at the Montreal Comic Con is completely and utterly invalid. The person you are referring to did not say that she was given any “secrets” during her meeting with Norman and any interpretations of her comments and post that say otherwise are WRONG. I suggest you refer to the original post first and make your own judgment since I am sure the story has been misconstrued and twisted ridiculously at this point.
She is a very trustworthy, reliable and respectful person and someone I like so I am personally offended by your accusation. The slander needs to end!
3. The post you are referring to as the big AMC Twitter expose had absolutely nothing to do with shipping and it most certainly wasnt aimed at your ship. My point was that the plot detail referenced as FACT couldn’t be considered as such because in the past other FACTS from their twitter didn’t pan out and were obviously PR designed to promote the show. My post doesn’t have any “hate” towards your ship or Beth - nor is any specific blogger mentioned or called out. The pattern simply shows that claiming something as FACT without a reliable source and authentication if repeated enough can become so ingrained that if it doesn’t turn out to be true it can lead to both disappointment and continued tension in the fandom. That applies to all sides!
4. Your interpretation of Beth being more important than Carol is your opinion and not one shared by the entire fandom and obviously not in the CARYL or Carol tag. It all comes down to what character you love and identify with BUT since you brought it up I happen to value Carol a lot-lot more for reasons you wouldn’t be interested in reading. That being said Carol being more “important” to fans or even Daryl shouldn’t have to result in HATE but it’s becoming clear that some certainly think that way.
5. Your insinuation that I am somehow spreading “hate” about Beth is completely unsubstantiated and even a little hurtful.
Just because I ship CARYL and love Carol doesn’t mean I hate Beth or want her “left behind in the dust”! I don’t have the same appreciation for her character which doesn’t translate in HATE as I have never written a post deprecating Beth or Emily Kinney herself.
I write about Carol because I identify with her and appreciate elements of her character AND I ship CARYL because that bond moves me in ways other relationships don’t!
*I would like to address the personal insults and cheap shots in your message separately!
- If you think the Daryl and Carol promos are “ugly” then don’t look at them!
- If you don’t like my blog or my posts then don’t visit my page and don’t read what I write
- If my opinion and choice of pictures offends you please use the IGNORE button (it’s there for a reason)
- If you don’t like the picture if my beautifully sassy cat then don’t look at it (he is adorable by the way and that comment really hurt my feelings)
- Posting two pictures of my CAT on my own PERSONAL BLOG doesn’t classify as “pimping him out”
I hope I was able to clear up some of your “issues” with me and my posts!
I don’t intend to purposely offend anyone by my outlook and I certainly don’t want to hurt your feelings or start fights!
Please block me because neither ME nor CARYL nor CAROL are going anywhere!
Ship yours and I will ship mine
15 9 / 2014
cathangel said: Hi! Massive TWD & Caryl fan here for over a year now but I'm relatively new to Tumblr & to the Caryl but I just had to say something about that rude anon. He's the one that should use logic because I'm at Montreal Comic Con right now and met Norman (for the second time) & he got here late because he was delayed w/ his flight & everything because he finished filming late w/ MMB last night. I showed him the Caryl picture as my phone background & he says things are gonna get crazy & good this year.
Hi there my new CARYL friend,
First of all thank you for stopping by and checking my blog - it’s always so exciting and wonderful to hear from yet another CARYL and TWD buddy!
I am so happy you are on board with us and that you reached out to me (of all people)!
You definitely made my day!
I appreciate your support when it comes to the “rude anon” - you are absolutely right some people do not or simply refuse to use logic when lashing out and sadly this wasn’t the first nor will it be the last time something like that is sent. I am hoping that Season 5 eliminates at least some of the tension and toxicity in this fandom.
Thank you so much for sharing your Montreal Comic Con Norman Reedus experience with me and the rest of the CARYL family. We all love hearing about the more “personal” side of fan interactions at these events and as CARYL fans it’s especially exciting when it involves Melissa and Norman :-)
Season 5 is getting closer and closer and it’s becoming clear that Carylers have a lot to be thankful for and excited about - the optimism is only getting stronger on our ship and new shippers like yourself have a lot to do with that!
Normans reaction to CARYL fans at the cons this year seems to be a little more enthusiastic and mysteriously encouraging than in the past, which of course only adds even more excitement to us all
Thank you again for your kind message and for sharing some of your CARYL feels with the rest of us - I am willing to bet that this message will help a lot of Carylers smile today!
CARYL On - I am happy you are here!
15 9 / 2014
There has been one particular thing about this TWD hiatus that has had me a tad bit perplexed and even plenty annoyed during the summer and believe-it-or-not it wasn’t the pretentious ship trolling we all seem to loathe with a passion.
While ship pandering media can get discouraging and frustrating to hear, bloggers using said “information” to not just report but also embellish and perpetuate on-going rumours to best fit their own shipping or personal agenda are the real TOXINS in our community.
Taking PR manufactured “clues” and nudges that are clearly designed to keep fans questioning and debating the new season AND insist on using them as FACTS to further your own goals and reputation is only going to do major disservice to your fellow shippers and those that come to you to read the newest “buzz”.
I am not saying that featuring things like this in your posts is WRONG, in contrary I think introducing your followers to these “clues” encourages excitement which is what it intends to do anyways BUT once you start presenting these “interpretations” as COLD HARD FACTS and essentially preach them as if they are some kind of gospel, the waters get murky very fast for everyone.
We have all seen certain bloggers present the theory that “Daryl and Carol are purposely looking for Beth” which could very well be true, and evolve it into actual TRUTH, adding even that this particular plot twist has been officially confirmed by AMC and TWD.
When I first came across this, the thought that Daryl and Carol indeed could be looking for Beth in Atlanta was something I already considered due to filming spoilers mentioning “cross” insignia on the vehicles seen on set BUT found it immediately odd that AMC would actually reveal such a specific plot detail as a spoiler and especially since it involved a major character such as Daryl Dixon.
I wasn’t able to find the source if this “confirmation” source but the “fact” was pushed by high profile bloggers and had been repeated so much that even I had started to accept it as a fact too. However after this piece of information started being conjoined with the slogan “AMC Ships B*thyl” and the Facebook page had posted the “If Found Return Beth to Daryl” meme I decided to look into this a bit further.
After much sleuthing I managed to discover the elusive “confirmation” that had inspired so many B*thyl Vindication Posts and I was in a word stunned;
The AMC tweet says “Will Daryl find Beth” worded as a question of course BUT can hardly be seen as a confirmation or affirmation of anything…
And This Is Exactly Why;
All of these tweets (and many more) refer to CARYL in a positive manner, one of them is even worded as a question as well “Could Daryl Keep Carol Safe”, another uses the hash-tag #DarylandCarolForever while another contemplates “Carol and Daryl’s Ship Name”!
If the first tweet “Will Daryl find Beth” is a confirmation then wouldn’t the others confirm that AMC actually ships CARYL?
Unfortunately any other treatment of the AMC Tweets would be and is considered hypocritical!
My issue here is not to deny that Daryl might be looking for Beth but to basically say that an AMC tweet cannot and should not be used as evidence of a FACT or a revelation of plot.
If we do that then wouldn’t the AMC CARYL tweets be a confirmation that CARYL to was/is in the cards and that AMC actually ships Carol and Daryl?
Misinformation and twisting facts like this in an already tense shipping community and a large fandom such as TWD is not just irresponsible but also allows for the very plausible possibility that the overblown “facts” someone has helped spread around can come back and make you look even more hypocritical and even more unreliable.
After all this is TWD - anything can happen!
CARYL On My Lovelies - The Best Is Yet To Come
13 9 / 2014
sanjamac said: This is the Amazing Person Award! Once you are given this award you are supposed to paste it in the ask of eight different people, who, in your opinion, deserve it. If you break the chain~ nothing will happen, but it’s sweet to know someone thinks you’re amazing inside and outside Love Sanja
I will do this too. Even when I saw this late I think (Sorry my laptop broke)
BUT THANKS OH SO MUCH THIS IS ADORABLE ♥ *smoocher*
I am grinning so hard right now!!!
13 9 / 2014
Anonymous said: Lmao how could NR and MMB be on set today when they're in Montreal for con? Logic.
Hi there “friendly”,
First of all thank you so much for following my posts so closely even though they clearly offend and irritate you to a point where you simply felt you had to message me in such a snarky-rude way. I admire that about you because I personally am unable and unwilling to seek out and read things that irritate or upset me - that kind of past time takes dedication and sleuthing I just can’t and won’t invest in.
It touches my heart that you want to correct me and set me straight, so much so that I almost want to forget and forgive your rudeness and belittling tone. ALMOST!!!
However regardless of how I feel about people like you - the kind that entertain themselves and delight in the concept of tarnishing someone’s day by sending anonymous hateful messages - I decided to return the favour and point out why jumping the gun and laughing at me was not just childish but also very wrong too.
1. NR and MMB are not attending the Montreal Con together - NR, EK and LG on the other hand are!
2. The post indicating that MMB and NR were on set together marked September 12-13 was backed up with photos, sourced and clearly showed that it was nighttime - as in after filming when the cast members customarily come out to greet the fans outside.
3. When the pictures of MMB and NR surfaced it was late (past midnight) and because of this thing called “time zones” labelling the post September 12-13 was completely justified and accurate!
4. As a relatively experienced TWD fan I get filming spoilers from verified sources like The Spoiling Dead Fans who not only know what they are doing, are pretty reliable but make the information available to the public so anything I post can be verified there - MMB and NR were on set together yesterday and filmed very late into the night.
5. The late night MMB and NR filming is backed up by fan photos as well.
I am not exactly sure why you felt you needed to send such an “unfriendly” message to me of all people - I am merely a Caryler who is simply excited, hopeful and happy about my ship and the relationship I choose to celebrate. If you look in my archives you won’t find any hateful posts about any of the characters, you won’t find reports about cast members I don’t find interesting filming or not filming and you certainly won’t find any kind of “LMAO” posts directed at others - you know, like the one you directed at me!
That being said - you will most definitively find LOGIC!
That I have plenty of and on full supply - LOGIC!
It really is a beautiful thing isn’t it?
Thank you for your visit though!
Carylers - CARYL On - The Best is Yet To Come